Sunday 17 January 2016

Welcome to 2016!!!

2016 has arrived!! This meant that there were only 4 Cyclocross races left of the season. For me there were 2 really important races. 

I'll start with part 1 of our racing saga. The National Championships in Shrewsbury. I have never run so much in a cycling race before!! This was one of the most challenging courses of the 2015-16 Cyclocross season and anyone that was to win here, was to win in style. Results-wise I came 25th which is my best national champs result to date. However I would like to mention the U14s winner Emile Alexander. He absolutely smashed it and was definitely a worthy winner, I say this because not only did he win by over 4 MINUTES!! but he also was the fastest rider in the whole youth category, when i say fastest, I mean if he started with the U16s he would have won that too by over a minute. An impeccable ride if you ask me.

Part 2 is of the final NDCXL league race, in Broxtowe. With all the wet weather in the past week it was quite surprising to see that the course was quite slippery and not as boggy and wet like it typically would be at this time. That fell into my favour as I prefer that type of course. now onto the race. From the start l was leading, getting the holeshot up the road. Then out of the woods I got a lead of 20 seconds. Every lap I pulled away from the Main Field by up to 1 minute and at the end my lead totalled of a whole 2 minutes. This was my first overall win as an U16 and the best way to finish the Cyclocross season.

No comments:

Post a Comment