Saturday 2 April 2016

Milton Keynes Series 2016

To kick off the 2016 Road Season Lotta and I raced the Milton Keynes Mini Series. This runs all the way through March consisting of 4 races. And is on the Milton Keynes bowl.


Photo Credit Elliot Haigh - https://haighphotography.smugmug.com
The first race went very well. I was animating the race with a series of attacks and on the 2nd to last lap I went with an attack off the front but got caught in the final 200m.

The second race didn't go so well, In the first lap I had a mechanical and that meant I was basically out of the race. However there were good points to take out of that race which was that I didn't panic when I had the mechanical and that I could still have a decent race after having a mechanical.

Race 3 was one of the best. I contested in the final sprint as the race was held together and that meant that I could use my sprint to achieve 8th. I think my new Raleigh bike helped quite a bit!

Race 4 was the race I enjoyed the most. It was really tough as there were attacks left, right and centre. But what really made the race for me was leading out my teammate George who got 2nd in the bunch sprint and 5th overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment