Sunday 9 August 2015

Mallory Park Road Race League 2015

As the Road Race season is drawing to a close I am going to tell you about my season particularly the Mallory Park Road Race League which is one of my favourite parts of the summer.  Mike does a brilliant job for all us youth riders.

About 2 months after the Cyclocross season had finished the Mallory Park Road Race League starts. This league is one of the biggest in the country and is 17 weeks long!! In the first race Ben Rouse, one of the Leicester Road Club riders, attacked and managed to secure the race win.  It was a wake up call to everyone that you need to defend as well as attack.  After having a mechanical in the second race I thought that my season was over because I broke my hand (see other post in this blog).  It was a disaster.

Two weeks later I was recovering really well and I strapped up my hand and put on a special glove that we had made to protect it.  I could change gear, brake and steer and so I gave it a go.  I finished third behind Alex Haines and Emile Alexander so was really pleased that I might still be able to finish the road race season.  

Over the course of the next few weeks Leicester Road Club started working really well together and make it really difficult to make a break work.  They were pretty awesome at times but I had Will Beech and Alfie Lofthouse from Nottingham Clarion who were brilliant team mates and I owe them because they really helped in some of the toughest races. Over the next few weeks me and Alex Haines shared the wins but I took the leaders jersey and held it for the rest of the summer.  

It was really hard work training to keep my edge over the Leicester Force and I have to thank my coaches at Nottingham Clarion and also Dean and Tom at Prestwold where I learned a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment